Wednesday 19 December 2012

My Top Selfish Creations for the Year 2012

No matter how much I make, the itch to create something new never subsides. Here are my favourites of this year (clockwise from top left)...



1.) Matching shorts and crop top (my first official attempt at dressmaking i.e. I actually stuck to all of the rules and didn't blag it!)

2.) Polka dot dress with removable peter pan collar. This started out as a shift dress, but upon completion I realised it wasn't the most flattering of dresses for my petite frame. It was far too big, despite being the right size, and my fabric of choice didn't drape very well (it's all a learning curve!). So, in an attempt to save it I made it more tight fitting and added a peter pan collar.

3.) Oilcloth wash bag. From Lisa Stickley oilcloth remnants.

4.) Leather backpack for my travels. This is made from Mulberry leather remnants that my mum snapped up at a car boot sale!

5.) Embroidered armadillo leather bag. Inspired by what I wanted to see in America (but didn't). The shape is similar to an overpriced bag I saw in Topshop and ofcourse thought 'I could do that'. And I did :-)

6.) Weekend holdall bag. Made from the last of the Lisa Stickley fabric and based on the weekend bag class  at Sew Over It.

7.) Polka dot purse. Also made from Lisa Stickley fabric remnants.

No comments:

Post a Comment