Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Valentines Day, whether coupled up or not. As a singleton myself, I thought I would share a few things that I am loving at the moment:


  • Sewing (obviously!). I am loving making my own clothes. It has bought me lots more joy than I expected it to and I'm all about doing things that make me happy this year. It's challenging, but so rewarding and the possibilities are endless. My 'dressmaking projects to make' list is ever growing. My recent creation inspired me to make a matching fold over clutch bag too!



  • Drawing (duh!). Here's an original sketch for my 'Sewing Essentials' piece.



  • Aaron Taylor Johnson/Anna Karenia. Having recently watched Anna Karenia, I can but help swoon over the tasty Aaron Taylor Johnson. Hunky men aside, I absolutely loved the film too! It was done so creatively- almost like a cross between a theatre play and a film. The costumes were also a feast for the eyes and it was jam packed with sexual tension. I'm not usually big on period dramas or Joe Wrights previous films, so I was pleasantly surprised! I definitely recommend it-just have a fan or bucket of cold water handy!


  • Reading. Now I've never been much of a reader at all, which is why it surprises me that I have recently been devouring books at quite a fast pace! After my GCSE's I probably didn't read a book for about 5 years! Not even one. Then came Uni where I got into feminism via my dissertation (realising that I was one all along!), so I read anything and everything that relates to feminism and beyond. Still, I was never a reader of novels. I was of the opinion that if you're going to read, you may aswell be gaining knowledge while doing it. Now, having read some novels that actually interested me and that I enjoyed, I totally disagree with my previous ideas. What good book doesn't make you think? I'm totally hooked! Films are also a big part of this too. My film obsession seems to feed my book obsession and vice versa. I have no idea what I did on public transport before I carried books around with me!



That's what I'm loving at this very moment. Hope you're all doing things that you love too and that make you happy. Nothing is more important than your happiness.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fold-over clutch idea! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete