Sunday, 17 March 2013

My Mustard Blouse

Earlier this week my boss had a clear out of the fabrics she had hoarded over the years and I was assigned the job of packaging them up as remnants for the shop. Ofcourse, I couldn't do this without having first dibs on any fabrics I wanted to add to my personal collection at home. One of these was this lovely sheer mustard fabric-a blouse waiting to be made. And a fabric it became!

The blouse is based on a top from my BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook. I didn't want the bottom to flair out, as in the original pattern, because I know I'l be tucking it into all of my high waited shorts and skirts. Instead of having the waist go in, I simplified the pattern so that it went straight down. Easy! Well, not really. It was my first experience with such a light fabric, so it was challenging to say the least! 

I got there in the end though, and the best part was I got to use one of my vintage buttons that had been sitting in my drawer for years for the top of the blouse! Again, this wasn't featured in the original design, just an extra touch I thought I would add. Hope you like!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! we can't believe yu made this!