Here is an experiment I did involving acrylic paint. I very roughly painted the areas in which I wanted there to colour to be e.g. the jeans and just stitched over the top. I think it worked quite well, I like the way the colour comes out of the stitched lines. This has also inspired me to buy a screen printing set! It's something I have wanted to get back to ever since leaving uni, but ofcourse I didn't ever have the resources...until now that is! I can't wait to get stuck in!
Also I have been featured on another blog! Here is the link>>> www.littleyellowbirds.blogspot.com/2011/02/quirky-folks.html
Check it out!